Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I have is a 750 lb/in x 2.0

What I want is a 350 x 2.0 or something in that range. I called Romic and only got their answering machine. I was looking at using a Progressive spring, but the inner diameter is a little too small. I would try anything in the range of 300 to 450 lb/in.

I'm going to try Wheel World, the store I got the frame from. Then I'll post a "want add" here.

Due to Romic's concentric chamber design; I don't think any other brand's coils will fit. They are all a little narrower.

much thanks for any leads
-long_strange_ride

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
long_strange_ride said:
What I have is a 750 lb/in x 2.0

What I want is a 350 x 2.0 or something in that range. I called Romic and only got their answering machine. I was looking at using a Progressive spring, but the inner diameter is a little too small. I would try anything in the range of 300 to 450 lb/in.

I'm going to try Wheel World, the store I got the frame from. Then I'll post a "want add" here.

Due to Romic's concentric chamber design; I don't think any other brand's coils will fit. They are all a little narrower.

much thanks for any leads
-long_strange_ride
What ID is your shock???

I need a 400X2.25 for a Giant HV but either Progressive or Manitous are too big. I need a 30.5mm ID.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The store is sending me a 600# for free

My spring measures 38 mm ID x 4+3/4 inches long.

I just talked to Wheel World and they are sending me a 600 x 2.0 for free! The guy said that was the softest they had, and that it would probably work well for me since I weigh 200+ lbs.
Thanks Wheel World.

Any hucksters out there with a 7.5x2.0 Romic need a 750# spring?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
long_strange_ride said:

I just talked to Wheel World and they are sending me a 600 x 2.0 for free! The guy said that was the softest they had, and that it would probably work well for me since I weigh 200+ lbs.
Thanks Wheel World.

Thanks man!!

That leaves only Fox as a possible supplier.

·
Registered
178 Posts
spring

long_strange_ride said:

Thanks Wheel World.

How did you get it for free? Wish I could get free parts :confused:
Anyway, I have a 500# I'm not using. Will trade for your 600# if you want it. PM if interested

·
Registered
697 Posts
Answering Machine?

Is anyone familier with the status of Romic as a company? A Romic shock came with my Saber frame and it has been a fantastic shock overall, just wondering what their current situation is after all of the leakage problems.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel World said they have lots of 750# springs lying around. I offered to send my 750# back in exchange, but they said I could just keep it.

Maybe, if enough of us ask, we can get PUSH to rebuild our Romics after they spring leaks. From the looks of their web site, they only do Foxes. But, that could change.

I'll need to build the bike up and try riding the 600#. But, I'm pretty sure I'd rather use a 500#. I PM you so that I can save your email or screen name for later use.

Thaks for the offer
-long_strange_ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.