Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I got it worked out. Once I pulled it apart, it just needed an m5 flanged bolt as a bearing retainer - all fixed. Not the best mtb but my son can ride it around town and around the salt flats, instead of riding his Santa Cruz 5010 or his Giant XTC carbon race bike. And it was free.
Cheers! Mark

Attachments

·
Sneaker man
3,664 Posts
probably got no answers as everyone was still reeling from the impact of this new fan-dangled machinery, far too outside the scope of knowledge.

That actually looks like a cool bit of kit, but my knowledge of ironhorse starts and stops at the A-frames, maybe the Verlirchi(SP?) bikes and that Sam Hill and Nathan Rennie both rode and won a lot on some sort of Iron horse some time ago,which were red (therefore fast, and won).

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Sweet bike, one of the first users of the dw link. Should be a great for your son.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet bike, one of the first users of the dw link. Should be a great for your son.
Yea we got the pivot squared away, found out the headset was missing about 1/4" of spacers - got that fixed. Replaced the really narrow stock bars for some Race Face bars and new lock on grips. Then the brakes reared their ugly head. It has Hayes Nines on it and they just don't work. They were soft, so we bled them. Then the little caps on the master cylinders blew out. Had to bleed them 4 times and they are still soft with pressure trying to blow the caps. I quit with these brakes, I cant have my kid have a failure in traffic. (he is a mtb racer and never rides slow) I ordered a set of mechanical disc brakes online. They are not high quality but should be ok for his "thrasher"
Cheers! Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.