Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being a noob to adult bikes....I had no idea that the Crawler didn't come with any pedals or kickstand....

I scoured Origin 8's website and didn't find any.....did a search and found some info on one but the reviews said it won't work if you have disc brakes......so I'm just trying to figure out my options...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
seriously? I know exactly what you're talking about....I wouldn't have imagined that laying them down is the accepted method...

I do lots of park hopping with my kiddo and didn't want to mess it up by laying it down all the time...

·
Anchorage, AK
1,352 Posts
I had pretty good luck with this one from Amazon, but they can bend if the bike is too heavily loaded:

Tranz X Adjustable Alloy

·
Off the back...
2,278 Posts
If the KS going to be used in snow, the regular dirt-compatible stands may not offer enough float. Consider getting some powder baskets for the stand.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,306 Posts
In all seriousness, if it is a bike path, side walk only use type bike, any of the above suggestions are fine.

If you plan on ever using it for actual off road riding, do not put one on.

Dangerous is not just a word in the dictionary, and kickstands on off road bikes should be right there in the definition......

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
In all seriousness, if it is a bike path, side walk only use type bike, any of the above suggestions are fine.

If you plan on ever using it for actual off road riding, do not put one on.

Dangerous is not just a word in the dictionary, and kickstands on off road bikes should be right there in the definition......
I agree wholeheartedly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The cool police will not allow it. They patrol these threads pretty hard. If they don't bust you somebody will pull a citizen's arrest for sure.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have about 700 miles of rocky rootie arroyo riding and unimproved cattle single track on the greenfield kickstand and it has never dropped down when it hasn't been kicked down with my foot. Thing is solid.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oh .. there is a reason that bikes (namely bikes not department stores) don't come with pedals and a kickstand. Especially pedals .. it's a highly personal choice. Rarely will you see the same two people in a group with the same pedals, and even rarer to see kickstands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts