Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well Ive been biking for about 2 years now on my GT Avalanche 2.0 and I would like to move to full suspension freeride. I want to get into jumps, stunts and technical stuff. My price range is around 1000-1200 bux. Even if you know a great platform to start with, I enjoy upgrading and personalizing my bike. Only thing I have looked at is the GT sanction (999.00)

Thanks

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Drop your seatpost all the way and go ride.

Were you looking at the Sanction 3.0 at Performance Bike? Make sure you read some reviews of that fork before you spend any money. Read some reviews of that disc brake too. Not just Shimanos in general, but the M485 specifically.

Are you set on full suspension? The GT Ruckus might serve you better, if you're okay with a hardtail. There are longer-travel hardtails out there too. Long-travel bikes cost a lot.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sounds like you want a dirt jump bike. Check out the Ruckus like mentioned above. Save more money if you still want a FS bike or buy a frame only. You can get a Tomac Vanish frame for $1600 to give you an idea of the price range your looking at for a good FS free ride bike.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Buy something used. You will get a lot more bang for your $$. Check out bikes like the Giant Reigns, Specialized Pitch or SX Trail, Transition Preston FR (good bike, should be easy to find one for a good price), Kona Coiler or the like. Check out the FR section of the reviews and looks for those models used.

Also, don't buy a dirt jump bike unless you want to dirt jump. That makes no sense. If you want to talk categories, look for a FR or AM bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts