Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new helmet. Right now I have a Trek that looks like it is 10 inches off my head. Can anyone suggest a lower profile helmet? I would prefer not to have to spend 100 bucks on one. I would like something quality of course (Giro, Specialized, Louis Garneau, Bell). Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Giro has a few

There is the Giro Zen somewhere around the 80 dollar make for an 04, Giro Semi MX it is what I wear it cost around 50 dollars, they are both hardshell so they can take a few hits All the big helmets I found out are called "Cruise Ships". I really don't know of any others but I like mine even though its a little hot. Good Luck

·
Don't touch me!
854 Posts
Jensen has the Giro E2(carbon color) for $79 with free shipping. Or, if you want the blingest bucket in town, you could get a Giro Atmos for 132.01 shipped from Nashbar with coupon af33 tonight or maybe tomorrow (exp 4-22). A lot out of your price range, but still a nice lid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the responses.. "Cruise Ships"....thats funny. Thats what mine looks like, either that or a football helmet. I checked on eBay but helmets on there, go for what they would anywhere else new. Anybody know of a good low-profile Specialized?

·
Ride on
639 Posts
Telluride is narrow

The Specialized Telluride was the narrowest helmet I tried; I didn't notice it being particularly high either. MTB Action dinged it for being heavy and funny looking. Personally I like the matte finish, and I don't give a damn about a few grams of weight; since when has anyone complained about helmet weight since the early nineties, before microshells? The only significant problem with the Telluride is that you have to be careful with the strap when you are putting the helmet on your head, which is a hassle.

·
Faller - Expert Class
647 Posts
My 1.5 cents

I absolutely love my Giro Atmos helmet. Low profile, something like 24 vents. I never really liked the visor feeling with other helmets, but I'm thinking about picking up a Giro Xen or E2 for night rides, so I can keep a light attached to it. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.