Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WooHoo Biking!!!!
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace the Fox Talas on my 2003 Trek Liquid. I was thinking of the Manitou Minute 3:00 which is on sale. Does anyone have any ideas or sugesstions about that fork?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,807 Posts
goodvibe said:
I am looking to replace the Fox Talas on my 2003 Trek Liquid. I was thinking of the Manitou Minute 3:00 which is on sale. Does anyone have any ideas or sugesstions about that fork?
It's hard to recommend without knowing what you want out of it. I just mounted up a Minute 3, but haven't ridden it yet. The main features for me are the IT remote travel adjust, and SPVE, so I assume they might be what you want.

Your other option is to get the Talas PUSHed, since folks that have done that rave about the fork afterwards.
 

·
WooHoo Biking!!!!
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fsrxc said:
It's hard to recommend without knowing what you want out of it. I just mounted up a Minute 3, but haven't ridden it yet. The main features for me are the IT remote travel adjust, and SPVE, so I assume they might be what you want.

Your other option is to get the Talas PUSHed, since folks that have done that rave about the fork afterwards.
I have the TALAS now, but I am replacing the seals for the third time this year. I am looking for something reliable.
 

·
Freshly Fujified
Joined
·
8,199 Posts
Reliability

goodvibe said:
I have the TALAS now, but I am replacing the seals for the third time this year. I am looking for something reliable.
If you're concerned about reliability issues, then I don't know that Manitou has the answer for you. They have been very hit or miss on quality. A couple of thoughts if I may. Try using a different set of seals. Enduro Seals (www.enduroseals.com) have an excellent reputation, and the website has thorough installation isntructions including pics. Hopefully this is not a route you've tried yet, as it will save you a ton of money and aggrivation. Another option would be a Rock Shox Reba. I'm no Rock Shox gan, but the reviews on this fork are outstanding. Lastly, I'm very much a Marzoccho proponent, and would recommend looking at some of the Marathon products as a potential.

Best wishes in finding an answer to your dilemma.

Bob
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top