Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been riding a Ibex Ignition 2 for about a year now, works great... But just doesn't cut it with the more agresive riding I've been doing. They convinced me over in the beginers corner to just stick with what I have for the moment and buy an entirely new bike instead of upgrading the ibex. I'm searching for a new bike and have a budget of around 1300.00, maybe a bit more. So far I've put the following bikes on my list to check out:
GT I-Drive 1.0
Haro X3
Haro XLS R7
Iron Horse Sinister Expert
Iron Horse SGS Pro (DH) Expert (FR)
Ibex Apogee LX

I'm hoping I may be able to catch some sales with the 05's coming in... Anyway, is there anything I should add to the list? I'm totaly open to any sudjestions on whta I should be looking at. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some considerations when buying Ibex

Just something to consider.

Be very carefully when considering Ibex bicycles.

If you inted to "ride stairs" with this bike, Ibex informed me they will not warranty the bike or even sell the bike for that matter. Ibex considers this "intending to abusing the bike".

Even after informing Ibex I simply wanted a bike that could handle "light trails, rock trails, city \ country roads, city curbs, and going down steps." Ibex still refused to sell the bike.

I checked with a local dealer who informed me the bikes (Giant line) he was selling were covered by warranty even if I intended to take the bike down a set of steps.

·
Riding a Rig.
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This post has been dead for a month now. No point in reviving it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts