Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new bike. Right now I am riding a 12 year old Trek 850 so I realize I am going from one extreme to the other going from that to a full suspension. I'm looking at a Specialized FSR XC and a Gary Fisher Hifi. Any thought on which would be better? The Giant Trance was also on the short list but the rear shock and cable routing were getting horriblr reviews so I decided against it.

Any info and/or advice would be wonderful, even if it's to look in a different direction. :)

·
ThisseatmakemyA$$lookfat?
245 Posts
if i was you, go demo some bikes. see which ones fit you, and you like the best... NO ONE can tell which bike is right for you. i mean, what do you want to ride? fr/dh, dj, sk8 parks, xc? it's very hard to have just that ONE bike for everything. pick what you like to do the best, and go with it... me? i'm a BIG specialized fan... but thats me... i have an 04 specialized bighit comp (with lots of upgrades, my summer fr/dh bike), an 04 specialized hardrock ss (my winter, just kicking around bike, i did an 8 speed conversion for the winter), etc... it's a question that no one can answer but you... i'd go for the Specialized FSR XC. does that have a pretty good kit on it? and then there's the cost. how much do you want to spend? there's a lot of good fs bikes in the $1500.00 dollar range... :madman:

·
Banned
462 Posts
The FSR XC is a solid bike but has a little less of a reputation than it's big brother the Stumpjumper FSR. The HiFi is a new design and has yet to be fully battle tested. I do like the Carbon Seat stays on the HiFi though. Might help absorb some vibrations. Also, the GF is a single pivot suspension design and the FSR XC is a Horst link design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.