Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently ride a cannondale jekyll and want to upgrade in the spring/summer. i am able to spend around 800 dollars,i would like full suspension and hydraulic discs. can i buy something like this used maybe?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just picked up a lightly used khyber frame for under 300 shipped... I amswapping over the parts which will work and buying nice enough stuff to fill in the blanks. For 800, with your current parts list from your cannondale, you should be able to build up something pretty nice! Just an idea... Sometimes finding frame only deals on what you like isn't easy. I stumbled upon this khyber frame and so I jumped on it... Good luck!

·
Registered
306 Posts
My only worry with full suspension used is that you buy a bike that has been beaten on pretty badly. If you do go that route, really look it over good, ride it for any weird noises, etc.

Personally, I would go for something like the Motobecane Fantom Trail DS or the Motobecane 700 DS, both seem to be quality bikes right at your price point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.