Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are loads of different brands out there, but there are just to many to choose from.

I'm looking for some advice for a new 29er frame, its gotta be Steel and use an EBB (& obviously look nice)

I'm currently riding a rig at the mo that i've pretty much replaced all the parts on it with much nicer bits, the last replacement im looking to make is the 29er steel frame.

If you've got any suggestions, i'll be more than happy to consider them,

Forgot to add, i ride singlespeed so no need for hangers...

Cheers

·
single speeder
53 Posts
Might want to check out the On One Inbred29. Not a EBB, but it has a robust wheel positioning system that lets you use skewers and minimum hassle getting the wheel into the frame. (I like mine.)

Also, good for most budgets at a reasonable weight.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Go custom, go Black Sheep!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Willits, and forget about the EBB. Go with sliding dropouts, and a der. hanger. I have found that it is nice to be able to change the chainstay length while riding geared.

The guys at Willits are pros, they will treat you right, the turn around is good, and the price is way more than fair. I went from a rig to a Trail King. I used almost the exact same geometry, aside from the seat tube length. The rig was 14" ctoc., and the Willits is 17. Same TT and angles. This bike RIPS ove the old one.

Ask for top tube cable routing if you live in a cold wet area.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for that, a few things to look into there...considering just waiting till the end of the year, saving up a wee bit more money and getting an IF built.

oh! 202cycle, whats the reasoning for top tube cable routing? i live in Scotland, pretty much the wettest place in the world at the moment...3 months of rain and wind- still no crap in the Chris King Headset!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.