Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Big Hittin'
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently run crankbros 50/50 pedals, like them alot. i actually run them on my AM bike. is there any nice dh platforms that are lighter and also as grippy as the 50/50's?

btw the 50/50's weigh 585g

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
pretty much any pedal on the market

Here is a list from lightest to heaviest (as far as i know)

Twenty6 prerunner ti
twenty6 prerunner
point 1 podium
canfield crampons
deity decoy lt
deity decoy
kona wah wah

There are many more but these are the main ones in the US. They are also listed from most to least expensive

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have a set of 50/50, they are great pedals, but then they are just flats(bullet proof at that). i am running the xpedo 240 gram pedal, i know they have like 25 styles, but its a quality built taiwan product. once again if the name doesnt matter they are good for disposable pedals, will last a season if that. the ones im running have a bit of a narrow platform, but are as grippy as my 50/50. honestly speaking, i think these pedal topics is a bit tweakerish. i mean the only time your gonna tweak out on a part is when you first get it by your 3rd ride your no longer dissecting the minute differences of it. as long as it works good and doesnt break, its all kosher.

·
Registered
162 Posts
charvey9 said:
Blackspire Sub3's if budget is no concern. Blackspire Sub4's if it is.

Point 1 Podiums and Answer FR Roves are also in the ballpark.
Charvey -- Why the Sub3's over the twenty6 Prerunners? Sub3s and Ti Prerunners are about the same budget-wise. I've not used either, so just looking for your take....

·
Registered
358 Posts
genny1 said:
Charvey -- Why the Sub3's over the twenty6 Prerunners? Sub3s and Ti Prerunners are about the same budget-wise. I've not used either, so just looking for your take....
I've never used either, but read good reviews on the Blackspire pedals. The sub3's were the lightest platfor pedal I could think of when I read this post.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks much Charvey -- agreed reviews on Blackspires are good. Weight of Prerunners about the same as Sub3s, so appreciate response re: whether you have either/both for comparison purposes. Thanks again!

·
Registered
70 Posts
SARS pedals

They have 2 kinds. The small ones are about 100 grams each. And the larger ones are about 140 grams each

eBay is your friend

I used both but settled on the larger ones due to my riding style. Sealed bearings and value

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
climbingbubba said:
pretty much any pedal on the market

Here is a list from lightest to heaviest (as far as i know)

Twenty6 prerunner ti
twenty6 prerunner
point 1 podium
canfield crampons
deity decoy lt
deity decoy
kona wah wah

There are many more but these are the main ones in the US. They are also listed from most to least expensive
You can also add Nukeproof mag/ti to somewhere near the top of the list, also Spank Spikes look good. Another worth checking out if you want a very large platform is the DMR Vault which measures 115 x 115 and is still quite light.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
juanbeegas said:
HT Air MN06TS - 290g (claimed 280g).

Been using them for the whole of last year and they've held up beautifully.
link to an online retailer? i've tried googling 'HT air MN06TS pedal' and 'HT air pedal' and every other combo I can think of, with no relevant hits. your jpg is from a polish retailer so i guess that's a start...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
juanbeegas said:
HT manufactures for Nuke Proof and a couple other companies. :D
Yeah, I know HT makes pedals for a lot of brands, but I was hoping to get HT product directly if it ends up being cheaper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.