Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have been on the look out for a light DH/FR bike that can do "anything", even some trail.

I want something with 180-190mm on the rear wheel, but not full DH geo on the headangle or the seattube.

Two current bikes i have been looking on is the Radon Swoop 190 7,0 and 9,0

The second on the list must be the Trek Scratch 8 or 9.

Third bike i have had my eye on is the Cube Hanzz Pro.

The Swoop 7.0 looks like a good deal. Just have to upgrade the fork and shock.

So i just wanted to ask what other good stuff is out their that i dont know about?

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Banshee will have the new Darkside out this spring/summer.

Look for a well maintained Knolly Delirium (2010+) ..."only" 170 in the rear.
Goes nice with a 66 / 36-180 etc for the big days, plays nice as a trail bike with a smaller fork as well.
I have one and still ride it as my trail-bike, using my Podium for full on lift-shred days.

Transitions TR250 - you may still find a few in stores - Transition dropped it for 2014.
Transition TR500 - this is their new bike for 2014 - it is a replacement for both the 250 and 450

just a couple of thoughts - have fun

michael

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The One for the score
So very true!!! I can climb all day with mine (not extremely fast, mind you, but WAY faster and easier than a DH or FR bike), and it descends like a dang rhinoceros. 8" travel, climbs like an AM bike, and plows through anything I can throw at it. Best do-everything bike I've ever ridden. The only problem is that they were just replaced in Canfield's lineup by the new 650b Balance. They may still have some in stock though. Gosh, if I had the money, I'd buy another just in case anything ever happened to mine. But they say that the Balance can handle park runs all day long, as well as xc sufferfests. Might be worth consideration...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Canfield, The One sure looks like a sweet bike with adjustments for the rear as well. Can the be bought from any online shops now?

Nice review on the bike charging_rhin, made me want it for sure :p

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
as the others said, canfield the one... gets great reviews, and is loved by all who ride them, as mykel said, used knolly delirium, or even a delirium t, would tick all the boxes you require... or even a knolly podium, granted it would be overkill for trail riding, but its a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a Transition Bottlerocket for sale. The rear is 150mm, but it will be cheaper than all the other options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello.

I have been on the look out for a light DH/FR bike that can do "anything", even some trail.

I want something with 180-190mm on the rear wheel, but not full DH geo on the headangle or the seattube.

Two current bikes i have been looking on is the Radon Swoop 190 7,0 and 9,0

The second on the list must be the Trek Scratch 8 or 9.

Third bike i have had my eye on is the Cube Hanzz Pro.

The Swoop 7.0 looks like a good deal. Just have to upgrade the fork and shock.

So i just wanted to ask what other good stuff is out their that i dont know about?
Iron horse 7point7 great bike

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I'm keeping an eye out for a used Santa Cruz Bullit for this purpose. Almost bought one last week but the seller changed his mind at the last minute.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just picked up Cannondale Perp. Cheap money compared to new. It's a little heavier than most but bombproof. I can pedal it just about anywhere. 2x9..180 / 200mm rear coil... 180 front. Added a GD dropper.
Fun as hell!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm not sure what your experience is, how rough your trails are, or how light you ride, but I just went from a 180mm travel FR bike to a 165mm all mountain bike for my 1 bike solution and am much happier. I lean towards the DH side of riding but I do ride "light".

If I were looking for a 1 bike set up and needed the a FR bike with 180mm out back, I'd have a hard look at the Intense Uzzi and Cove STD.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Currently searching for the same. They're not cheap and not easy to find but Liteville ticks the boxes. The 601 is 165-190 travel and the 901 is 170-200 travel. Wheel sizes vary with frame size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts