Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Klein sits on shelf now..
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in town for Turkey Day and my wife and I brought our mountain bikes from Virginia. I think I am about 30 minutes from Ringwood so we were going to head out there this morning.

We don't really have a time set yet. Gotta get some breakfast and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone was going to be out there today.

We may also head out on Friday if there is someone we could hook up with.

If not, I would take any trail suggestions for a 1.5- 2 hour ride.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
AdroitBreaker said:
I am in town for Turkey Day and my wife and I brought our mountain bikes from Virginia. I think I am about 30 minutes from Ringwood so we were going to head out there this morning.

We don't really have a time set yet. Gotta get some breakfast and stuff. I was just wondering if anyone was going to be out there today.

We may also head out on Friday if there is someone we could hook up with.

If not, I would take any trail suggestions for a 1.5- 2 hour ride.

Thanks

oh man... tough one. a) i can't ride any of those days and b) its kind of a place that you need someone to show you around, or you need 3+ hours of exploring. but no fear! i think i have a plan for you! :) imo, the best way to find the some of the best trails quickly (esp for one who's unfamiliar with the park) is to park at shepherds lake and ride the RVCC "race course". its posted and its a great trail and would be about 1-2 hours ride time depending on your pace. its great technically and flowy fun. not too difficult.

i normally start from another lot but its way too complex to explain here, but i always end up on the race course at some point and ride it. either direction is good. and from the lake you ride the big switchback down :D

here's a pretty good map:
http://www.rvccmtb.com/RVCC ringwood map.jpg

the lake is on the left and you want to stick to the dashed lines. have fun, explore but try to keep track of where you are bc its quite possible to get lost.

have a good ride! :cool:

·
Klein sits on shelf now..
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all of the info. We went out there today and explored a bit. The map definitely helped. Without all of the warnings to keep track of where we are going we could have easily gottnen lost.

I think we eventually ended up on the RVCC trail. It was a little cold though so we didn't ride the whole loop. Actually, after our first encounter with water my derailleurs were frozen. My front D wouldn't shift at all and the I could only downshift the rear. Interesting to say the least.

We might be out there again Friday afternoon but I am not sure. If anyone has Black Friday off and is going to be headed out there, could you just drop a note on this thread.

Later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.