Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a resort to take the wife and kid to last weekend of June. For backstory, wife and I are essentially XC riders, but since the boy(7) loves the resort we’ve been hitting the lifts at Jackson Hole for the last 3 years with him on the weekends. This progressed to the point that my wife now has a dedicated gravity bike and I have an enduroish bike that handles the park as well. So last fall we made the leap and went to Whistler- highly recommended to anyone who thinks it MIGHTY be fun.

Now we’re looking for another resort to fit in with our abilities. We’re needing more of a “flow” style resort than tech. Kid was good on blues up in Whistler- tabletops, berms and rhythm sections, not so much tech yet. Wife and I are basically following, so we’re happy. We’re considering Trestle and steamboat, are they’re others we should consider?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm looking for a resort to take the wife and kid to last weekend of June. For backstory, wife and I are essentially XC riders, but since the boy(7) loves the resort we've been hitting the lifts at Jackson Hole for the last 3 years with him on the weekends. This progressed to the point that my wife now has a dedicated gravity bike and I have an enduroish bike that handles the park as well. So last fall we made the leap and went to Whistler- highly recommended to anyone who thinks it MIGHTY be fun.

Now we're looking for another resort to fit in with our abilities. We're needing more of a "flow" style resort than tech. Kid was good on blues up in Whistler- tabletops, berms and rhythm sections, not so much tech yet. Wife and I are basically following, so we're happy. We're considering Trestle and steamboat, are they're others we should consider?
Trestle is great and has a new gondola for this season. Steamboat is also great but I think they are putting a new gondola in so might require multiple lifts up (like Trestle was last season, PITA)

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Trestle. Unless things have changed over the last 2 years, it had a ton a super easy, fun stuff for experienced kid riders. Even off the top. I hit up Trestle about 3 years in a row, but not in the last 2.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Evolution bike park in Crested Butte is great for kids! They've got some great green and blue flow trails and have a pretty good twilight special on certain evenings. You also can't go wrong with Trestle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.