Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted camelbak they do not sell one designed for hot liquid. Any other company sell one for use in the winter with hot liquids?

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
What are you planning to put in it, warm tea? Aside from the fact that sucking hot liquids from a straw device isn't to wise a move, I'd guess that no one recommends their bladders be filled with hot liquids. One's perception of 'hot' is quite different from my experience.

Your probably better off carrying a stainless steal thermos along with some room temperature water in the hydration pack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually it was for my dad who goes walking in the winter, and I figure it would make a nice gift. Then in the summer it would come in handy when it's hot out.

·
All fat, all the time.
9,359 Posts
I would guess if it's not too hot to drink & burn your mouth, I don't see why you couldn't put it in the camelback bladder? I mean, I've put mine in the sink with hot soapy water to clean it, water hot enough that I wouldn't drink it you know...it's been fine, doesn't melt or anything.

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
when you put a hot liquid or a liquid other than water it ruins the camel back. you get a real plastiky (not a word) taste when you put water in again. it takes many cleaning to fix it and sometimes it doesn't work at all

·
Drinking the Slick_Juice
1,809 Posts
highdelll said:
is it for warmth on the back?
If so, pull out the original bladder and put this in
no no what you would want to put that in would be a Louis Vuitton satchel :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts