Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

My name is Sean and I like to ride bikes.

Is there anybody in the N.Valley who has the same affliction and rides regurarly/all the time. Road or trail, I'm down for whatever. My stomping ground is t100 for mtn biking and usually cave creek/carefree for road. I've got a good aerobic base but I'm looking to get lean and mean this summer. I figure a good group will help elevate my conditioning and skills.

I'm going to start riding the Moon Valley crit on Thursdays but any other ideas?

let me know :cool:

Sean

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Group Rides

There is a Tues night road ride that is similar to the oon Valley loops that starts at 7:00 every Tuesday night from the Swiss American shop. There were about 30 people or so last night ranging from recreational to racers. It is a really fun group to ride with!! They also do a Sunday morning road ride, usually a moderate pace that also takes off from the Swiss american shop Sunday mornings at 7:00. riding with this group I have taken my fitness up about 5 notches over the past year!!!

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Hey Sean

I would be interested in riding Thursday night at t100. I could get there around 7:30-8:00. I will be posting about this on another thread. Scott (from the 24hrs OTP)

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
sean34 said:
Hola,

My name is Sean and I like to ride bikes.

Is there anybody in the N.Valley who has the same affliction and rides regurarly/all the time. Road or trail, I'm down for whatever. My stomping ground is t100 for mtn biking and usually cave creek/carefree for road. I've got a good aerobic base but I'm looking to get lean and mean this summer. I figure a good group will help elevate my conditioning and skills.

I'm going to start riding the Moon Valley crit on Thursdays but any other ideas?

let me know :cool:

Sean
Regular Tue night ride starting at Dreamy Draw at 6:30.
What's the beta on the MV Crit?

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
YuriB said:
Regular Tue night ride starting at Dreamy Draw at 6:30.
What's the beta on the MV Crit?
Hard chargers. They leave from I think Coral Gables just North of T-bird in Moon Valley (many park at the Church on Coral Gables. It's on a well-travelled bike lane, and they usually get good numbers (20-30). The loop is about 5 miles (give or take, I can't remember). First lap is at a casual pace 18 mph, and then they step it up. Check it out, it can be fun and competitive.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys...

I'm going to check out those Tuesday/Sunday Swiss American rides.
Those fit into the schedule nicely and will help the fitness thats for sure.
If you see a fred on a orange motobecane, its me...say what's up.

I'll prolly fit in some T100 night rides during the weekdays and leave the epics for the weekends.

I'll keep the eyes peeled for mtbr rides too...

I feel better now...I was riding solo so often I was starting to think I was the only one who rode a bike...just me and that lance guy.

Sean

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
skinny-tire said:
Hard chargers. They leave from I think Coral Gables just North of T-bird in Moon Valley (many park at the Church on Coral Gables. It's on a well-travelled bike lane, and they usually get good numbers (20-30). The loop is about 5 miles (give or take, I can't remember). First lap is at a casual pace 18 mph, and then they step it up. Check it out, it can be fun and competitive.
Sounds fun.
Maybe I'll strip down the commuter and see how well I can't hang.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.