Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the weather should be nice from Friday on, does anyone have any group rides planned? Fri, Sat, or Sun work for me. Anywhere along the front range. Not looking for hammerheads as I'm not all that fast, but I don't mind being pushed.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I don't have anything planned, but let me know if you get something together or have anything in mind. I'll definitely be riding somewhere this weekend.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, what are you guys thinking? What part of town are you in? I'm down in Littleton, but don't mind traveling. What's it like in the Lyon's area? Marshall Mesa and that whole area should be pretty good.

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
Can we get a BC update from someone up there? I could be talked into a mtb ride around the Burn TT course if the conditions are right....riding on the road is getting a little boring again.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
So we have a lot of people hanging on the fence waiting for someone to organize something.... anyone going to take the initiative?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm up for whatever! I've only ridden Hall once, never been PR, Heil, or Buffalo Creek, so I don't know if I'm the person that should be organizing. When is best for everyone?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'm "relatively" new to the area and only ridden a few trails. I have no idea where the best places to ride are, and what will be the best conditions. So I defer to someone with greater knowledge. BTW, I'm by no means a hammerhead. I'm as slow as they come on the climbs. ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
OK -- per the previous post on Buff Creek (still a lot of snow left). Lets meet at the Heil lot at 8 am on Sat w/ wheels rolling by 8:30 and ride Picture rock up to Hall with a Nelson loop.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
edenger said:
OK -- per the previous post on Buff Creek (still a lot of snow left). Lets meet at the Heil lot at 8 am on Sat w/ wheels rolling by 8:30 and ride Picture rock up to Hall with a Nelson loop.
8 AM? Are you farking nuts? Come on man, I need to sleep in a little on the weekend. ;) What about 10? :D There's no way I'm making it anywhere at 8 AM. Plus I live in Thornton, so I have a bit of a drive wherever we go so that means up even earlier.

That route is 30 miles. How bad is the climbing? :p

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
2 things. First, is the climbing really serious? I don't want to commit to something I can't handle and then just slow you guys down. I'm still getting used to it out here and getting my fitness level up. Second, can you post some directions to the trailhead you have in mind? I think I'll probably get out there and try to hack it.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts