Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Staying up in Bend this week with the family for some boarding. I love Bend! The oxford hotel is the nicest place I have stayed in soo long. Anyway I want to check out some of the bike shops while I'm here. Not looking to buy a bike but I'd like to get some mtb related t-shirts and possibly some new riding shorts. I also love checking out cool bike shops and i know there are several in the area. Can anyone help me out and recomend some good places to check out? Thanks in advance.

Aaron

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
I love greasy spoon diners over fancy "foo foo" stuff any day.

Having said that, I can recommend the corned beef hash at Corey's bar and grill on Bond St. (it's truly homemade hash.... not canned, Alpo-type stuff you see everywhere else!), or try the Breakfast Club on Greenwood, or the Westside Cafe on Galveston.

Or, wait until 11am at the earliest, and do the all-you-can-eat Indian buffet at Taj Palace on Wall St. It's awesome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn, I am so ready to move to Bend. I love real corned beef hash. Maybe I can get my daughter to skip a grade.

·
newfydog
302 Posts
I've seen a couple of well known shops in Bend basically discourage maintenance trying to sell new bikes. Even on bikes they sold. One wouldn't order a part for a bike I bought from their shop two years prior, telling me it was obsolete and they didn't want to mess with it. Another told a friend her bike shifted fine for the era the parts were from, and she need a new bike for better performance All it needed was a new chain...it was still running the original and was was stretched way out of whack.

Just my personal experiences, others my differ, but the only place I trust is Webcyclery.

·
Keep Singletrack Single
1,147 Posts
newfydog said:
I've seen a couple of well known shops in Bend basically discourage maintenance trying to sell new bikes. Even on bikes they sold. One wouldn't order a part for a bike I bought from their shop two years prior, telling me it was obsolete and they didn't want to mess with it. Another told a friend her bike shifted fine for the era the parts were from, and she need a new bike for better performance All it needed was a new chain...it was still running the original and was was stretched way out of whack.

Just my personal experiences, others my differ, but the only place I trust is Webcyclery.
100% agreed on Webcyclery. They are the best.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey thanks for the great shop and breakfast places for our stay in Bend. Man Bend is a really nice place we had a great time, I scored some really nice deals from teh colombia store and we checked out winterfest which was pretty fun. The boarding at Bachelor was off the hook and our stay at the oxford was unbelieveable. I can't wait to come again late spring for the riding. Cheers!

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Well now it's time to say good by to (exocetaaron) and all his kin.
And (we) would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin in.
You're all invited back a gain to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of (our) hospitality

Hillbilly that is. Set a spell, Take your shoes off.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?.

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
Man do I miss living there...if only there was a technical sector...lol

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
VA2SLOride said:
Man do I miss living there...if only there was a technical sector...lol
Technical is what you make of it. If you feel unchallenged, or have mastered a section, then try it again with one arm, or with eyes closed ;)

·
my girl rides also
650 Posts
Lol...no, I was talking about potential employment. You're absolutely right about the riding aspect, of course.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
VA2SLOride said:
Lol...no, I was talking about potential employment. You're absolutely right about the riding aspect, of course.

Oh, hahaha! I completely missed the gist of that!

Yeah, too bad we're mostly service sector jobs here. But at least we're the vanguard in the service sector. In 50 years, that's what 90% of all jobs everywhere will be.

Bend.... leading the way forward!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts