Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a good deal on an sram pg 990 cassette, im also looking for a good chain to go with it... its the last couple of pieces for my niner wfo 9 build, thanks....

·
I can't weld
547 Posts
Too bad the lowest priced seller on Ebay, Abaxo, charges ridiculous fees for shipping. He sells these for ~$50, but $20 to ship a cassette? Need it fast? 2 days shipping is $42!!

The regular auctions on Ebay look to be selling them for about 55-60 including shipping.
If you want one of the new colors, Abaxo is still probably your option, but lots of smaller sellers have the more common red color for good prices. I've bought both of my 990's from Ebay and have been very satisfied. Many are sold as OEM take-offs without retail packaging. That's ok, just make sure they specifically say that it is brand new and includes the lockring.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Use the "Sort by" drop-down box and set it to "Price + Shipping: lowest first", that way you get the lowest TOTAL price for the cassette.

If a seller sells the cassette for $1 with $50 shipping, he saves over $5 in final value fees over e.g. listing it for $50 with free shipping. So to get the same kind of profits with a free shipping listing, the seller would have to list at over $56 when he offers free shipping. ebay would make $5 more, you would pay $5 more. Free shipping is great for eBay's wallet. It sucks for the buyer.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys but i had at ough time getting a 990 at a good price too much demand i guess, but i picked up an sram pg 980 for less than 30.00 shipped on ebay. whats the difference between the two?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.