Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a Bike that I can ride 4-5 miles to work and back. Ride around town with my GF and be able to ride fairly smooth trails, dirt roads, and across fields. I am 6'3 and 160 pounds. I've been eyeing the airborne guardian 2.0 as an option really sweet looking and appears to have a nice part list for the money which is the highest I will spend at nearly $700 shipped. I'm worried there might be a better bike out there for my needs, I live in central Delaware so there isnt a whole lot of rought terrain to ride. And I might also ride the bike to school with a backpack assuming I can bring into a dorm. Much safer than leaving a bike outside. I'm also wondering about the Motobecane 429HT 29er as a cheaper bike. Just looking for a little guidance here and I hope I have the right forum.

29er Mountain Bikes Up to 60% Off - MTB - Motobecane 429HT

Airborne Bicycles. Guardian 2.0

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
You don't really know at this point how you are going to ride and neither do we . Pick a bike that fits ,in your budget ,that you like for whatever reason. Go have fun. You should go to some shops to test ride bikes to get an idea of what size you might like.They might have something that's on sale.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
You can spend half as much. Ride some bikes, buy your favorite. Fit is more important than components, though neither is that big a deal for riding to school or work over your distances.

See if your campus has a bike co-op.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.