·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GOT ONE THANKS!!!!!!
GOT ONE THANKS!!!!!!
GOT ONE THANKS!!!!!!

Hey everyone

I am in search of of a Fuel EX 8 in the black/white/copper color. I have found a few 8's but in the "root beer" color and everyone wants $2200-2600 plus another $200 for sales tax. I keep reading of people getting theirs for $1800-$2000. My friend who is a dealer can't even find one, but said he would give me a deal on 2009 EX 9 for $2150. Do you think I should just jump on the EX 9 instead?

Anyways if you guys know of a EX 8 in the black/white combo at your local bike shop, please list the name & number. I can always try to get them to ship it to me and I'll gladly cover the expenses.

I need the bike in a Medium - 17.5.

Or should I just wait for the 2010's? Any major changes worth waiting for?

THANKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't think you will find one for less than $2200-2600 anymore. There was a 'pro deal' that was going on, and it ended at the end of June. If you can pick up a ex9 for that price, jump on it. You won't find a better deal, not even on a used one. The 9 is much better than the 8 in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rondre3000 said:
Why WOULDN'T you take an EX9 for the same price you'd spend on an EX8?!?!
I figured if I could get the EX 9 for that price, maybe I could find an EX 8 for much cheaper. I don't need all the extras of the EX 9 but for the price I may just go with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually have a black 8 on order, should be here Wed or Thurs, but its 18.5. To bad the 9 is 17.5, otherwise I'd trade you! :cool: $2150 for the 9 is a great price. I was able to get the 8 ordered a couple days after the pro deal ended, but the shop still honored that $400 discount. They were actually willing to add an additional $100 to the $500 rebate for the 9,, but I truly don't need that much bike, as much as I'm sure I would enjoy it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just paid $2799 + tax for an EX9. My LBS is selling the EX8 for $1999. $2150 for an 09 EX9 is a great price. I would definitely get the EX9.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Niiiiiiiice! I took my EX9 out for the first time this weekend. I'm soooo stoked I made the switch from a Stumpjumper. The EX9 just fit me sooo much better.

Enjoy the new bike dude!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone is interested in that EX 9, send me a pm, ill gladly send you the contact info for the awesome price :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts