Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to mountain bikes havent ridden a bike but a handful of times since i was 12, been on dirt bikes ever since. Went on a little ride about a month ago and wrecked harder than i have ever wrecked before even on a dirt bike ( since then i have been dying to get a bike. I am leaving the dirt bike scene because im tired of spending 7000 on a bike the another 3000 to get it where i need it parts and suspension wise then another couple thousand just in up keep.

now im looking at getting a hardtail and spending about 400 and be able to upgrade as needed just to see how much i really like it id be willing to spend around 500 but wanted to stick with 400 can i get pointed in a direction please?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Visit your local shops and see what's available and what you like. Specialized Hardrock and Trek 3900 should be in that range. No bike at that price range is really worth upgrading too much, except for maybe saddle, grips, pedals, and tires.

·
DynoDon
1,666 Posts
If you buy a bike in that price range it may be better to just park it in a corner when you decide to upgrade and buy a better bike, saving the old bike as a backup/loaner. Upgrading gets expensive fast, and you'll get a much better bike by upgrading to a newer/better frame etc.
Its easy to switch the front brake to the right side, but remember the right grip doesn't do anything, twisting it will not help, you're the motor now.. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.