Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What beginner DH wheel/wheelset would you use ?

• The Outlaws

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • OTHER and post what brand .

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , I am interested in buying my first DH rims , so if I can find something for a good deal that would be great . Seems like most people run Easton havoc DH wheels or the outlaws ? I need something that will take abuse and handle my weight of 195 lbs . Is there other wheels that would suit me better or just pull the trigger on some havocs?

I did a search but that didn't help me too much , and should I wait a bit for possible new products hitting the market ? I'm in no rush as season is coming to an end . Thanks for any help !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Building an 09 Noric Atomik and need a decent beginner wheelset that’s not going to break the bank. Not into big jumps or drops, just something that will hold up with 200+ lbs of me riding on them.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have used the Easton Havoc's this season. I have no complaints and they are as straight as the day I bought them. Can't go wrong with the price at Price Point. I even put the Easton Havens on my AM ride as well.

·
RideDirt
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no offense, but it's because its an overly discussed topic. lots of material on this subject you could sift through.

the outlaws or havocs will suit you just fine. cant really go wrong w/ either
I figured it would be , and was waiting for someone to rip on me lol , but i am not too familiar with the DH type of wheels. But i do see Outlaws being mentioned a lot . I appreciate your advice tho ! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts