Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 650x2.35 spring to fit a Fox DHX shock. Even a 700x2.35 will do. The shock I2I is 7.875". I've called around and nobody seems to have one. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shock stroke

Thanks for the reply Menso. My shock is a 7.875"x 2.25". Fox also makes a 7.875 x 2.0. The spring would be the same for either size. I have a couple of 500 x 2.35 and a 600 x 2.35. Fox springs usually show a spring stroke length a little bit longer than the shock they are intended for. I also have some spings for 2.5" stroke shocks and the spring shows a 2.55 stroke length. I can order one from Pricepoint but it will end up being about $40 after tax and shipping is added. I have always manage to trade springs with people but these heavier spring rates are less common in this shorter length. The frame is a Chumba Evo. My Santa Cruz Heckler and Bullit both used much lighter spring weights but they were single pivot whereas the Evo is kind of a modified Horst linkage design requiring a much heavier spring weight. I have a 600 in there now and it is a little light for my Clydesdale weight. Chumba recommends a 700 but I think that will almost be too much considering I am dropping lbs and will probably be sub clydesdale by fall.

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
I find myself on the same situation, ebayed a 650x2.35 but the inside was too narrow for a DHX so I'm still looking for one.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Can't help, but I'm looking for that 600x2.35 that you have 67D. Let me know if you plan to get rid of it.

I found one online, but have been lazy since its a low priority, but keeping an eye out incase I find it at the LBSs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts