Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to the mtbr forum.... Looking for help. My Niner a Rip 9 is "down for the count." The right side upper chainstay of the rear triangle has aquired a sort of crinkle or buckling in the tube. Very unusual per my LBS. Absolutely no evidence of blunt trauma to the area which may have caused the buckling. I'm in warranty. Niner requested the rear triangle to examine. They are taking the official position per their engineers that this could not have been caused by "normal riding conditions". Really??? As such they are refusing to warranty the part. My LBS is perplexed by their decision. As am I. Fine. I'm not here to bash on Niner, but I need a replacement rear triangle. They will sell one to my LBS for about $500 per my LBS.

Anyone out there have or know of a Niner Rip 9 rear triangle in need of a good home. My frame is licorice black, but at this point I'm willing to settle for any color to get back riding.

Hope you all don't ever get unusual damage to a Niner frame .... It may not work out very well for you.

thanks,

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I contacted niner about my bent swing arm, they said they only had three left. And they were not black. It still works good, but the rear wheel is a little crooked compared to the main triangle. Aluminum fatiges. Wouldn't trust a crincle. New, old style frame from Jenson is probably the way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts