Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a older Stumpjumper that I built up for my girlfriend to ride. She uses it around town as it sits. But she is wanting to try riding some single track. I know she could do it ridged but I think it is so much easier on the arms with a little travel up front. Is there any good forks that used a 1 inch tube? I think I remember something about a old Rockshok like the Judy or something that was 1" and you could remove the legs and install old SID legs. Does anyone know anything about any good options that I could look around for?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
How about a really fat tire to start?

I run a Kenda Blue Groove 2.3 on the front of my mountain bike and its got tons of bump absorbing goodness.

(Then, if she digs it, buy her a new Santa Cruz and consider yourself lucky)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
da'HOOV said:
umm....Singletrack with a U-brake and NO front brake? If you don't like her why not just break up with her instead of getting her hurt? ;)
This is part of the reason the fork has to go. the brake mount broke off and it needs to be replaced anyway. No single track or hills with the set up you see.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Try the swap meets or craigslist. You can find vintage1 inch threaded forks there from roxshox, manitou, marzocchi, etc. Of course, you will find lesser quality suspension forks as well. If you go to a swap meet, take your rigid fork with you to ensure that the suspension fork will fit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Rock Shox FSX ti suspension fork that I removed from a 92 Stumpjumper with a 1" steer tube that I may be interested in selling. It is a pimped out version of the Mag 21 with carbon fiber lowers and ti hardware. I have have the pump for it and everything is in excellent shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.