Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm feeling dirty, you?
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got new info on White Industries Double Freewheels?

The latest info I have is a pic of a double freewheel with two different sized cogs next to next White Industries freewheel.

Are they out yet?

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
Barely

lucifer said:
either cog would be compromising on chainline.
I run an 1/8" chain with the front ring on the inside so I can run a bash guard. The chainline would be right with the ring on the outside. It works fine. With a 9 speed chain I'm sure you'd never notice.

The white double freewheel is set up so the perfect chainline is in the center, so either position is only off by half of what mine is off by.

·
Registered
483 Posts
need more than 2 tooth difference...

Sure wish someone made a dual freewheel with more than a two tooth difference. For a commute on the road, i need 4 or 6. i'd go with two chainrings. i commute on a 42x16, but end on a really steep 1-mile climb. 38x20 or 36x22 would be cool.i can go flip-flop, but i'd much rather loosen, move the chain, tighten, and be on my way. any ideas?

·
Candlestick Maker
3,670 Posts
Cygnus said:
Sure wish someone made a dual freewheel with more than a two tooth difference. For a commute on the road, i need 4 or 6. i'd go with two chainrings. i commute on a 42x16, but end on a really steep 1-mile climb. 38x20 or 36x22 would be cool.i can go flip-flop, but i'd much rather loosen, move the chain, tighten, and be on my way. any ideas?
Use a cassette hub, two cogs of your choice, and whatever spacers you need.

baker

·
Registered
95 Posts
White industries 2x2

Cygnus said:
Check the white industries web site, they will have a 2x2 system soon.
Double cog and matching double rings on their eno setup.
IN - 35/19 - hit the mountain
OUT - 38/16 - around town

·
Registered
483 Posts
notsofastanymore said:
Check the white industries web site, they will have a 2x2 system soon.
Double cog and matching double rings on their eno setup.
IN - 35/19 - hit the mountain
OUT - 38/16 - around town
Thanks. Yep. that will work. i'll go 42x16 and 39x19 on the hillclimb. so, cheers to white industries for making a dual 16,19 freewheel. not much on their website about this yet. i was looking for a solution using my current rear SS hubs. i'll be on that as soon as it's out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.