Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are loose hubs easy to fix on azonic outlaws? I seems people say it's as easy as new bearings. But then some say it didnt work. Could that be actual hub damage? I'm checking out a wheelset that hasloose hubs, but the price is right. I don't mind throw a few bucks into them if thy are going to come out good. The price on the azonics is 180 shipped.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Unless you can get your hands on the wheels and inspect them before buying, pass! You never know how a used wheel has been used/abused. A simple bearing replacement may be all that is needed. Then again the bearing seats in the hubs may well be shelled. Yeah it's a good price, but unless you know for absolute certain that a bearing replacement will solve the problem, don't go there.

You're call. You could end up with a nice set of wheels at a good price. Or you could end up with a pair of $180 paper weights. You pays you money and takes you chances!

Good Dirt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.