Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought it would be fun to post a pic of your very first turner build. Has anyone kept an old photo ?

Here is my 04 burner that I scored from the old supergo and I still remember collecting all the parts for the build. It was not long before I started looking for my first 5 spot frame.

·
Surfin' da mountain
809 Posts
My XCE bought in 2003

I loved this bike with the 130mm Marz Z1 FR SL. Any time I put a 100mm fork on it to correct the geometery I didn't like it. The steering always felt too quick for my taste. It never slowed me in the twisties, but the front was a little too light in the steep technical climbs.

I'll have to admit my SPOT is a little better, but that XCE will always be on my favorites list. It was such a confident and stable trail bike.

Attachments

·
Ridin' in iRie meditation
312 Posts
mudpie said:
Here is my 04 burner that I scored from the old supergo and I still remember collecting all the parts for the build. It was not long before I started looking for my first 5 spot frame.
Isn't this how all Homers start their lives? :D

1. Supergo Burner
2. 5-Spot <-- I'm staying right here
3. RFX and beyond

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nah I went Supergo Burner (which I still have!) straight to RFX (when Mudpie gets the UGI and sells me his!).

Buzz

PS That isnt entirely true......I guess I actually bought my gf her 2002 XCE first, THEN I got the Burner after admiring the XCE for a season or so.
PPS Waiting for someone to get some DHR UGI so they can sell me their Highline!

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
mudpie said:
d.

looks like you had an extra gusset under the top tube at the head tube. I dont remember my burner was built that way.
jb
Mine was an early '04 (hence the polished rear) large. I don't know if they changed them later or not. I'm sure someone here knows.

D.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Buzz said:
Nah I went Supergo Burner (which I still have!) straight to RFX (when Mudpie gets the UGI and sells me his!).

Buzz

PS That isnt entirely true......I guess I actually bought my gf her 2002 XCE first, THEN I got the Burner after admiring the XCE for a season or so.
PPS Waiting for someone to get some DHR UGI so they can sell me their Highline!
I may hold off for a while this time Buzz(my 2 little ones are getting expensive), but good to know your waiting in the wings. I do have some suspension items in the classifieds though;)

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
We do have the cranks. They are currently on Barny's townie commuter singlespeed and will stay there for eternity, I suspect. I'm still riding those same Nokian tires too. Somethings are too good to retire (no pun intended).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.