Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SS Rider
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked hard tail vs full suspension but I have only lived in Co for a year and I am looking to buy a FS bike. I was thinking of starting out with a Prophet 600 I figured it would be a great start as the frame is the same as the 4000 and I could always upgrade the components as I go. Does anyone see this as a bad idea and it well worth the extra to go to an 800 or a 1000? What I am thinking is that since I am not use to this type of bike the cheaper components would not be bad and as I break or out grow them I could upgrade. Just looking for some additional insight thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the cheaper components would not be bad and as I break or out grow them I could upgrade. Just looking for some additional insight thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check out the C'dale forum, but i'm going to have to correct you on one thing, the components are on the 600 are by FAR cheap, Deore XT, and LX, etc.

·
SS Rider
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK Well I got a great deal on a 04 Jekyll. I pick it up tomorrow and I can't wait to try it out at Palmer Park. I managed to get a few good upgrades and looks like it will be around 27 lbs when it is done ;~)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.