Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 year old Giant Contact SL dropper is finally dying (good riddance!) It seems all droppers will have issues at some point so may as well get something reasonably priced and replace when needed. I'm settling on PNW due to their good reviews and, most importantly, lifetime warranty. But I'm undecided between the Loam and The Rainier. I know you can adjust the air pressure on the Loam under the seat. Is this a better construction than the Rainier? Which air cartridge design will be more reliable in the long run? I'm just wondering if there's any mechanical benefits to getting the Loam over the Rainier. BTW, I am a heavier rider.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I don’t really know, but I just ordered a Rainier. I didn’t think the added cost of the loam was worth the features.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just bought a loam and installed it last week. I went with the loam because its newer so I figure they might support it longer. But with a lifetime warranty that might not matter anyways. I set the air pressure between 280 and 300 psi like the instructions say and I can report that it feels great. I am coming from reverbs and I will be replacing all my reverbs with the loam posts over the next few months. I really like the reverb but the routine maintenance is just too high, especially with posts like the loam available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts