Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am a clyde(230 lbs shooting for 200lbs this spring) and currently ride a 2003 Specialized FSR with a SID fork and xtr components. I have returned to riding/working out about 3 months ago and I am looking at new bikes. I have been looking at having an Independent Fab mt bike frame built but am starting to think that maybe I should buy an off the rack bike. I added up the cost for builiding up a IF frame with the xtr components and fork that I want and it is way more than xtr equipped off the rack bikes. I was wondering if maybe I should look at the Gary Fisher Ziggurat(hard tail), Cake 1 DLX, and the Specialized Enduro elite or something along these lines. I was wondering if anyone could give me some leads on some bikes to check out? I would like to keep it at $3k or less if possible but there is a little variance there if needed. I am planning on riding a couple times a week on cc trails and doing a few xc races a year. BTW I also have litespeed, cannondale, giant, trek, and raleigh dealers in my area(no Kona dealers though). Any help would be appreciated.

(btw I posted this in the bike buying forum but didn't get a response. I figured since I am a clyde maybe it would be better suited here.)

-lee-

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
What about your FSR?

Is there something lacking in this bike that's making you look at others, or just building a stable? I've read your post a couple of times, and without knowing if you're having problems with the FSR it's hard to reply with a recommendation. The only thing I can say is that the Cake and Enduro might be overkill for just CC and races. Nice bikes if you're riding aggressive trails. More insight into why you want to buy will be helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts