Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a mountain bike helmet before, heck I never wore a helmet when riding my harley. I'm not looking to drop 2-300 on a helmet so I'm looking at the Giro Fixture. Anyone have any input on this helmet or advice on a different one? Thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
SHould be good. More $$$ usually equates to better venting, lighter weight, better retention systems, maybe styling. Any modern helmet should protect your noggin well enough. Different brands fit different heads better. I have a couple of mtb helmets, a Giro Montaro MIPS(Has an inner plastic shell) and a Bontrager Rally Wavecell. Both fit me well. Only have the Bontrager because I forgot the other one on a trip to Bentonville. I actually like it and it is my primary helmet now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Giro Fixture seems to be the best selling mtb helmet out there, due to it's price. I bought one, it's fine. The only downside I've had, and this is probably true of any helmet, is the lining absorbs a ton of sweat. If you take the helmet off to rest for a second, when you put it back on you'll get a big stream of sweat running down your face.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The Giro Fixture seems to be the best selling mtb helmet out there, due to it's price. I bought one, it's fine. The only downside I've had, and this is probably true of any helmet, is the lining absorbs a ton of sweat. If you take the helmet off to rest for a second, when you put it back on you'll get a big stream of sweat running down your face.
I run a JUNK brand headband pretty much year round. Does a good job of keeping the sweat contained.

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
I’d recommend a full face, but most folks seem to prefer spending more on dental insurance

·
good time not long time
24 Posts
I'm wearing the POC Tectal Race Spin. The fit is good for my oval head. I wore Giro for the past 10 years, also a good fit for my shape of head.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The only downside I've had, and this is probably true of any helmet, is the lining absorbs a ton of sweat. If you take the helmet off to rest for a second, when you put it back on you'll get a big stream of sweat running down your face.
I love my Giro Tyrant, it's like a 3/4 helmet. Covers my ears and lower skull but I cannot believe the amount of sweat I generate with it on. I was riding in 60 degree weather and as I take it off I get a shower of my own sweat. I don't particularly care but wondering if the helmet will be too hot in August.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never owned a mountain bike helmet before, heck I never wore a helmet when riding my harley. I'm not looking to drop 2-300 on a helmet so I'm looking at the Giro Fixture. Anyone have any input on this helmet or advice on a different one? Thanks
You are looking for best option my friend as Giro comes with a lot of unique features like light weight, MIPS technology, anti-microbial padding, and wind tunnel ventilation system. Here, you can find the best Giro option for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts