Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interested in this one. How does 4, 5, and 6" travel play on this bike. Pros and cons of travel bikes. 4" better for light trais and 6" better for heavier trais or drops??

·
ride hard take risks
25,422 Posts
LOK said:
Very interested in this one. How does 4, 5, and 6" travel play on this bike. Pros and cons of travel bikes. 4" better for light trais and 6" better for heavier trais or drops??
Been riding the 2005 Blitz for 1 year now & love it! I never tryed the 4-5 shock settings mainly because the spring would have to be replaced for each different travel setting. Also when i was building the bike last year i was creating a 6in travel all mountain bike hopefully under 40lbs. The frame is very beefy it can be compaired to the Banshee Chap. it is not a light trail frame. If i was woried about weight i could have built it with more XC components & droped to possibly 34lb or less. Mine weighs in at 39.65lb. The bike has no problem with Downievill, Northstar, Oat Hill, im up in age so the biggest drop is about 3.5 + feet & it can handle more than i can dish out. XC type stuff is good it takes awhile but it can climb. Herb & Vivian are 2 of the best in the buisness when it comes to customer service. I have posted on MTBR in the review section also. :D

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts