Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my Trek 3700 that i am currently riding is 3 years old (its an 06 model)

so i have now done enough damage to it that i think it would be better to replace it altogether, now my question is what TREK(yes i want to stay w/ the trek bikes, my lbs is REALLY good and that is what they stock, treks and fischers) would be a good upgrade from what i have now? keep in mind im a college student so price is a MAJOR factor in what i end up with, my LBS suggested the 6000 as a good upgrade what should hold up better than the 3700 did, what do you guys think?

btw i prefer a hardtail ride over full suspension for a few reasons including the riding i do, but lets not get into that here

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, not an english major, mechanical engineering so spelling is optional :D lol sorry about that ill try to watch it more closely

and one other question, since i haven't had a chance to look at one at my LBS, which type of valve do they have on them? schrader or presta???(no i dont know how to spell either one, and the pics i have seen i cant tell)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
6000 is a nice hardtail, the 6500 usually has jank hydro brakes so its not worth going up. how am i affording my bike through college; two ways:

financial aid
working in a bike shop

good luck brother, mech eng is tough stuff! and to the douche about the spell check; get a life, it's an internet forum...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmm, idk what stumpy means this time

i was talking to someone on another forum (not for bikes) and he mentioned the presta being on the 6000 so i asked,

yes mech eng is a tough one, especially where i am going (stevens institute of Technology) one of the top mech eng schools in the nation :/ and idk of any bike shops close to campus, i need to look harder, and check my lbs at home see if they are hiring :D long as to do list

and thanks for the input im sure that the 6000 is what im getting, just a matter of when now and when i do i will let you guys know, thanks again for all your help

(no i dont have spell check in my browser before you ask)

·
Registered
128 Posts
vudu said:
I hope that you are not an english major. Also, there is something called spell check.
Wow *******.....
How many posts do you have?
6!?!?!?!?!?!?
Wow.:nono:
Shut your face and don't even try to play grammar police.

And the 6000 is a great bike. It has a great frame build and all the components are great too. It's not the lightest hardtail out there but it will take almost anything you can throw at it.

It is a BIG improvement from a 3700.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
YoungGun91 said:
Wow *******.....
How many posts do you have?
6!?!?!?!?!?!?
Wow.:nono:
Shut your face and don't even try to play grammar police.

And the 6000 is a great bike. It has a great frame build and all the components are great too. It's not the lightest hardtail out there but it will take almost anything you can throw at it.

It is a BIG improvement from a 3700.
wow, a bit much...?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.