Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into the bike shop today to check out a 2008 Heckler. its on sale! Was $2999 now $2099.
It has the X9AM kit.

Fork- Fox float RLC
Shock- Fox Float R
Brakes- Avid juicy Seven w/ 185mm rotors
Shifters- Sram X9
F Der. Shimono XT
R Der. Sram X9
Cranks- TruVativ Stylo 3.3
Wheels- DT Swiss 340 hub w/ 5.1 rims
Headset- Cane Creek S-3
Support- Race Face Atlas Stem Thomson Elite seatpost WTB saddle
kenda Nevegal tires.

is this a good deal? Let me know what you think. This will be my first mountain bike in about 20 years.

Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

G

·
That sounds like a good deal to me. I have a friend that has that component kit on his Heckler and he likes it a lot. Although I'm not a fan personally of the Float shock (which has nothing to do with what you are asking), I think that price is a great deal for that bike/component setup. Let us know if you end up with it and include a pic or two.

BRYONB said:
Went into the bike shop today to check out a 2008 Heckler. its on sale! Was $2999 now $2099.
It has the X9AM kit.

Fork- Fox float RLC
Shock- Fox Float R
Brakes- Avid juicy Seven w/ 185mm rotors
Shifters- Sram X9
F Der. Shimono XT
R Der. Sram X9
Cranks- TruVativ Stylo 3.3
Wheels- DT Swiss 340 hub w/ 5.1 rims
Headset- Cane Creek S-3
Support- Race Face Atlas Stem Thomson Elite seatpost WTB saddle
kenda Nevegal tires.

is this a good deal? Let me know what you think. This will be my first mountain bike in about 20 years.

Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
this is a very good deal, don't wait, I may go and get it...
FYI, I got a Heckler '08 RAM build, in July, and paid 2.500 USD for it, which I think is not bad at all.
Let us know and post the picture

·
Registered
3 Posts
The spec set up is nice. Had annoying problems with Juicy brakes making all sorts of sqealing noises at first:confused: . The Heckler is supposed to be a quiet bike. That was very irritating. Got the organic set of pads and solved the problem. Now can sneak up on equestrians as close as possible...:nono:

·
Gangreen
198 Posts
Welcome to the Hecklerhood. You're going to be very, very happy, just don't ride beyond your ability early on, as the Heckler inspires confidence and speed from the first pedal stroke. You'll be amazed how fast you'll be going. I imagine it's like renting a Dodge Viper for a day and realizing you're doing 70 MPH as you turn into your driveway!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.