Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first, anyone who has a snit about not posting this in the Rider Down forum can keep it to themselves.
As the title says, I'm somewaht in a bad way. End of the radius got a little cracked, and I'm soon to be finding if it's a thumb's up or a trip to get some new ti hardware not for the bike. Here's where you folks come in. I'm a thinking I can't be the only one here in Cheddar Cheddar Land that's been in this position. So who'd ya go to that did a bang up proper job? With the summer schedule coming on line, I need a good recovery and a good Doc is the biggest help for that one.
So what say you people?

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I know this has been a while, and you prolly won't see this, but one of the best orthopod's in the state is Dr. Lawrence at Vernon Memorial in Viroqua. My wife is(was) an OT there and worked quite closely with him. He's come up wiht several unique surgurey methods that are successful and used widely by others. Plus there's a bike shop right across the street from the Hospital. How bad can that be??

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
I was so doped up after I shattered both wrists after my motorcycle crash I never got the name of the Ortho that did the work. 3 plates, one pin and something like a dozen screws. I'm 100% back to normal range of motion and strength but then that was 3 years ago.

UW Hospital here in Madison.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully your suggestions aren't needed!

Got the "everything is healing a ok". Don't even have to wear a splint anymore! Just a couple PT sessions. Thanks for the responses though. I'll have to remember them for when I finally do have to get a joint replaced!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.