1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here

I am looking for 2.3 tubless tire like the Nevegal or the Rampage

Does any one have any suggestions. I know about the Nevegal 2.3

This tire is going to replace my Speciliazed Eskar 2.3 up front on my Enduro.

Thanks

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
Well I was going to suggest the Eskars. I love mine, I run them at 30 psi and have had no problems with pinchflats, etc. And I found them light and fast rolling. What's wrong with the eskars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Eskars have a dead spot when you lean them over. They get good traction to a certain point, then slide a bit then grap again if you keep leaning them over.

I have not tried running them at 30 PSI, I usually run them about 35PSI

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have run maxxis ignitor 2.35 LUST. light tire....770g, been happy with them. trying some schwalbe racing ralph 2.25's right now. lighter. seem to be good so far. lugs not as tall in the center as the ignitor.

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
toytech64 said:
The Eskars have a dead spot when you lean them over. They get good traction to a certain point, then slide a bit then grap again if you keep leaning them over.

I have not tried running them at 30 PSI, I usually run them about 35PSI
I haven't noticed that at all. Try them at 30. I did it on one of the rockiest places in Va without a pinch flat problem. The tire works good around 35 psi, great at 30. Still fast and great traction.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I’ve had nothing but bad luck with the Eskars running tubeless… 1st ride out, slashed the sidewall on a rock. Utilized Specialized’s unconditional guarantee, and slashed another one about 5 rides later. Running 35psi, which I think is too much to be running to take advantage of tubeless capabilities, especially with that much volume.

The Eskars are off my bike now, and I’m waiting on some (non-UST) Maxxis Advantage 2.25’s. Hopefully they hook up well on my 819’s with Stan’s fluid.

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
Depending on your riding:

Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 UST, good for mixed conditions, no mud with rocks.
Schwalbe Big Betty 2.40 UST, apparently also good for mixed conditions and has a strong casing.

·
Forget work- let's ride!
61 Posts
All Mountain Rider Here.......

Anyone have any ideas about which ones have the thickest sidewalls? :confused:

I love tubeless and want to go back but rip up the sidewalls way too soon (New England).

My last set of Eskars blew out when I was going over a rocky outcrop and I fell and got banged up. The sidewall had a huge hole in it. Imagine what would have happenned if I was landing after getting some serious air! :eek:

I'd like to stay away from anything doouble wall and bigger than the 2.35 because in my experience they roll like truck tires that I can't pedal uphill.

·
Registered
612 Posts
mtbvampire said:
Anyone have any ideas about which ones have the thickest sidewalls? :confused:
I am now using Schwalbe Albert 2.25 UST with snakeskin and they have been holding up very well in the sharp rocks around here. Previously, I had a Nobby Nic UST that only lasted half a dozen rides before the sidewalls were destroyed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.