Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
Top Fuel
1,567 Posts
They lost me too. I expect they don't care about the few old loyalists who were alienated by the factory-closing; they'll more than make up for it in volume in the short term.

What I got instead of a Rize:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Are either of those bikes made in the US? If not, how is that any better than buying a foreign made Cannondale? Both are nice, but the demand for less expensive bikes is one of the reasons US production is ceasing.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not about whether or not these are better bikes. It's about having a voice to speak out and show Dorel our disgust with what they did to American jobs.

I still have my Scalpel but I'm starting to like riding the Scott much more. Could it be because it is a better bike?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd still rather have a Taiwan Cannondale over those lol.

I dont think Scott have ever made bikes in the USA?

Big players have gone Taiwan.

Even Yeti are making most of the bikes in Taiwan now. Its the only way to stay alive for some.

But I still think they still make alloy bikes in US.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No one even noticed the wheels are 650b. They are American built (by me). The pedals are American built with Ti spindles that were built and puschased in the US. The Formula brakes are coming and the are Italian made. Soon a new Extralite crankset will be on it's way, also Italian made.
I don't think it matters what frame you buy since all the carbon is coming out of Taiwan but at least Dorel didn't get my hard earned American dollars.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
Sorry mofoki but... I thought all the 2009 threads were in for the mtbr.com top threads awards, but you slipped this one just in time to win the most laughable thread of the year and might even pull a double with the 'makes no sense' title too...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan Gerous said:
Sorry mofoki but... I thought all the 2009 threads were in for the mtbr.com top threads awards, but you slipped this one just in time to win the most laughable thread of the year and might even pull a double with the 'makes no sense' title too...
Happy to entertain everyone.:thumbsup:

·
Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
645 Posts
So what you are saying is that because Cannondale was the last hold out for American manufacturing meanwhile all of their competitors had gone overseas years ago you are going to punish them by not buying a bike? I guess they should have moved overseas 10 years ago and then no one would have anything to complain about...Also what is the difference between something made in Italy and something made in Asia? They're both foreign as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
984 Posts
After riding my taiwan made cannondale i support the economy by consuming American made beer, preferably the micro breweries. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts