Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I like to ride my bicycle
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, after resisting duallies for so long and sticking with a much-loved steel hardtail, I've finally got myself a dually: a Cannondale Rush 4. It's actually a 30th birthday present from my wife! I'm not 30 until September, but I got such a great deal on this I couldn't pass it up.

It's a 2007 model, but brand new. It was probably on the shop floor for a fair while so they were anxious to move it on. I was keen to get a 2008 Rush 5z since I heard that Cannondale was running out the Rushes with a 10% discount, but I got the Rush 4 for the same price as a runout Rush 5z! Could not believe it! Guy at the bike shop said "What price point were you looking at?" I told him I was keen on a 5z for $2600 (but couldn't find any), he said "We can do the 4 at that price." "Lock it in Eddie," I told him. Actually I rang my wife Olive to get the all clear first. The only thing she was concerned about was that it has a Lefty. She says it looks like a bike for an amputee, and she calls it "Stumpy".

I asked the shop to change the shifters and rear derailleur from LX to X9. Otherwise it's stock and will probably stay that way because it is pretty nicely spec'd.

Haven't hit the trails yet, but it won't be long. Can't wait!

John

Attachments

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
What a beauty! You're encouraging me to build my 2001 Jamis Dakar Sport frame that has sat unbuilt for 6 years. :skep: Make sure you check your computer search for recalls when you buy stuff. I found out last week the Jamis frame was recalled.(unresolved issue right now).

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
rabidweasel999 said:
That sounds like fun, but how is a complete Cannondale encouraging you to build a Jamis? :p
Oh, my bad. The OP's story about resisting full suspenson relates to me too. I should have explained. I got stuck on riding hardtails and am now more interested in duallies also. Hey, it's about time! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
You'll love the Rush

You'll love the Rush I have an 06 1000 (='07 3?) and its fantastic
Stump only affects you when transporting - an much quicker to repair a front flat though!!!

·
fan of maple syrup
1,581 Posts
Man John, that is suh-weet!

Didn't even know you were interested in Cannondale's, let alone dually's. Fingers crossed it never lives up to it's humorous namesake (Crack-n-fail).

The best part is that now you and your bro can battle it out on the lightweight single pivots ... nice.

·
I like to ride my bicycle
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brett, I had been keen on a Rush being a single pivot like Hud's Superlight, but didn't want to rush into it. When this deal was offered to me I couldn't knock it back.

Casper, I don't think I'll be knocking Hud out of top spot any time soon. I'll need more than a new bike for that!

See you at St Andrews next week?

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scott is the new Cannondale.

Hud's brother said:
By the way Mr Nuclear Powered, you've mixed up your bike brands. It's SCOTTs that crack 'n' fail, not Cannondale! ;) :D
Correct. My Scott Genius didn't crack, but it did fail- 3 blown rear shocks and busted rear pivots. Just put it in the rubbish bin, and placed the parts on that NS above. Cannondales go OK now, legend has it, but stay away from Scott!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.