Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WeatherMan said:
Looks great! I spy the change of saddle, tires, stem, bar, rear derail. I think you will love the bike!! You prefer the shimanoz group over SRAM I assume?
Yeah plus my Kona is all Shimano and I want my stuff consistent. Looks like I will be putting some stuff on eBay soon.;) Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Front brake dragging?

First off awesome bike. #1 on my must have list right now (although in a 23" / XXL for anyone who might have a pic or review for one in that size). Dig the changes you've made to. Try loosening your quick release after adjusting your caliper alignment... if the rubbing goes away or is not as bad check your front hubs bearing tightness. Wrestled with the same problem for a week or so with a 29er - 185mm Avid rotor set up, don't know if the larger wheel and rotor setup contributed or not but seemed extremely sensitive to play in the hub!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, seems the seat tube on this bike is well forward of what I am used to and will translate into a shorter cockpit. I will have to see how I feel on it. I can always go with a laid back post if need be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks nice, some white hoops from Bontrager would have been a better factory decision. Slap some superjuice in, and you'll be floating over the rough stuff. You may want to grab a wider clamp for that stem. LBS tells me spring for my 17.5. :-(

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
Caliper and bracket look correct. Just add washers and the proper bolt. Be very carefull that you do not strip the post mount on the fork!

I think you need the CASH Green Sram 990 Cassette to match the bike, and of course some DIRT! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cockpit length?

Tinshield - Nice ride!!! You commented that the seat position seemed further forward than you were used to. It looks like the seatpost is either a 0 or -5mm offset, and I was thinking that -20mm usually comes stock. Definitely something to consider if you're on the fence between a 17.5" and 19". Maybe your shop will swap out for a -20mm if you haven't ridden the bike?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tinshield- Awesome bike bro. I'm in the market for my first 29er and I am def. sold on the Hifi. Just curious if you guys think it is worth the extra money to go for the pro over the deluxe. Thanks

·
Sweeper
1,025 Posts
Depends on your plans. The Pro you get the same frame with a different mix of parts. Is the XT Crank, Fox Fit Fork, Float RP23 and other little parts worth it to you? It was to me but as always, "to each their own".

If you plan to upgrade parts down the road then the Deluxe would be fine. I know some that are purchasing the Plus Just b/c they like the paint scheme better, but they are changing almost all parts when the bike arrives.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MUFCpa said:
Tinshield- Awesome bike bro. I'm in the market for my first 29er and I am def. sold on the Hifi. Just curious if you guys think it is worth the extra money to go for the pro over the deluxe. Thanks
Not sure I guess it depends on the whether you like the parts or not. Plus there's always the color to consider.:p

Latest pic:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.