Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of LOOK Moab S2 pedals(the red ones)since '93 but my memory is failing me,I haven't used them in years.Did they come with one or two sets of cleats and is there a difference?(God,I'm getting old)I've got a new set of cleats and I can't remember if I bought a second set or not.Also,is there a plate that mounts between the cleat and bolts?If there is,I ain't got one.Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
WTB said:
Got a set of LOOK Moab S2 pedals(the red ones)since '93 but my memory is failing me,I haven't used them in years.Did they come with one or two sets of cleats and is there a difference?(God,I'm getting old)I've got a new set of cleats and I can't remember if I bought a second set or not.Also,is there a plate that mounts between the cleat and bolts?If there is,I ain't got one.Thanks.
Look MTB pedals (I assume you're talking about the ones with the aluminum treaded thingie on the bottom) had two cleats. One was red, and provided float, the other was black, and didn't. I believe they used the same "washers" as Look road cleats did, so any LBS should have a bunch of 'em in a box in the back.

Good luck finding the T-shaped cleats, and I don't have any idea what shoes they fit on. They have a weird bolt pattern. The good news is, standard Look road cleats work fine, but of course, you'll be limited to road shoes in that case.

--Shannon

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I remember the S2

That would be Tinker Juarez's favorite pedal. VERY HEAVY! As I recall, they use a spd derivitive cleat style, although, the spd cleats won't work. Probably could find out more info from a long time mtb shop in your area. I had a buddy that ran those pedals on a touring rig. They squeaked incessantly! I believe that was one of their downfalls. The squeak derives from the pedal/ cleat interface. They are pretty poor at mud clearance as well. Upsides were thier awesome "platform pedal" feel when clipped in and their bombproof reliability. That's my recollection, anyway- sorry for the rambling!:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts