Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower leg of 29' forks with 32mm legs from Rock Shox (Tora, Recon and Reba) is needed. The forks tend to "die" in different ways, perhaps, who receive the "corpse" with the safe lower leg. I would like to check the possibility of standing lower leg of 29' on 26 fork.

Actually, I want to get yourself the fork for tour hybrid (Scott Sporster). But the standard fork for hybrids with more than 70mm travel are non-existent class. It is possible to take normal 29' fork. BUT! Their distance from the axis (center of the dropouts) to a сrown about 490-510mm (http://pvdwiki.com/index.php?title=Suspension_Fork_Geometry_Info, when the hybrids have 450-460mm (with 26-x bikes the same distance). That is the installation 29' fork to hybrid "distort" the bike geometry. The 26'Tora 302 (2008) stay after the first bike. Accordingly, the idea consists in to install 29' lower leg to 26' fork. As a result, I'll keep "hybrid" geometry, and taking the possibility change the travel in "wide" limit owing to the U-Turn.
I hope lower leg of 29' stand on 26 fork.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, I know this is an old thread but still, has anyone tried this?
I have RockShox Sid Race on my 26er and currently buying a new bike which is 29er. Don't wanna spend a lot of money on a new fork while I have a great one on my 26er.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.