Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When: Monday June 29 - 4-6pm

Where: Look USA - 6300 San Ignacio Ave # G, San Jose, CA

They had this garage sale last Saturday but there's more goods! Prices are basically half off retail.

A bunch of the roadbikereview guys went on Saturday and said it was good.

Word is there are three 'as new' Look 996 full suspension mountain bikes in small, medium, large. $2500 i hear. This is the bike I'm riding and not in production until next year.

Components, clothing and other goods too.

Other photos here:http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=2238252#post2238252

fc
 

Attachments

·
Totally, and to the max.
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
Oh snap. I know where I'll be this afternoon.

francois said:
When: Monday June 29 - 4-6pm

Where: Look USA - 6300 San Ignacio Ave # G, San Jose, CA

They had this garage sale last Saturday but there's more goods! Prices are basically half off retail.

A bunch of the roadbikereview guys went on Saturday and said it was good.

Word is there are three 'as new' Look 996 full suspension mountain bikes in small, medium, large. $2500 i hear. This is the bike I'm riding and not in production until next year.

Components, clothing and other goods too.

Other photos here:http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=2238252#post2238252

fc
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... it's time to take out the plastic to buy some plastic!

The bike has been awesome so far. I've had to tune that rear RS shock that is not quite a Fox. Also, after the rain ride I had some pivot squeak. But the bike is laterally stiff and very responsive to the pedal.

The bike in the photo is my own component spec. They should have the bling spec on theirs.

I might drop by as well. Is there beer?

fc
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
francois said:
Yeah... it's time to take out the plastic to buy some plastic!

The bike has been awesome so far. I've had to tune that rear RS shock that is not quite a Fox. Also, after the rain ride I had some pivot squeak. But the bike is laterally stiff and very responsive to the pedal.

The bike in the photo is my own component spec. They should have the bling spec on theirs.

I might drop by as well. Is there beer?

fc
Wow...sweet bike. I'm digging the gold chain.
 

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
francois said:
When: Monday June 29 - 4-6pm
Where: Look USA - 6300 San Ignacio Ave # G, San Jose, CA
Man, that's my 'hood! :thumbsup: I'll be rummaging through to see if they have some components that I've been needing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,230 Posts
Hmmmmmm

francois said:
The bike in the photo is my own component spec.
fc
Interesting? That would appear to be a 29er Conti Race King in the stern of that French Faux Racer X. Or is it the camera angle? Do tell.
 

·
Let's ride
Joined
·
7,125 Posts
jms said:
Interesting? That would appear to be a 29er Conti Race King in the stern of that French Faux Racer X. Or is it the camera angle? Do tell.
26" raceking. That be a small wheel bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
francois said:
Yeah... it's time to take out the plastic to buy some plastic!

The bike has been awesome so far. I've had to tune that rear RS shock that is not quite a Fox. Also, after the rain ride I had some pivot squeak. But the bike is laterally stiff and very responsive to the pedal.

The bike in the photo is my own component spec. They should have the bling spec on theirs.

I might drop by as well. Is there beer?

fc
Did you just pick that up from Allen in warranty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
I would have been down there in an instant if Look was making a 29er frame.

Francis, Any word from your Look buddies if they are planning on a 29er in the future?
I posted on roadbikereview a week or so ago, since I know the Look USA folks answer questions on occasion in the Look forum, but never received an answer.

Thanks,
MSH
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MSH said:
I would have been down there in an instant if Look was making a 29er frame.

Francis, Any word from your Look buddies if they are planning on a 29er in the future?
I posted on roadbikereview a week or so ago, since I know the Look USA folks answer questions on occasion in the Look forum, but never received an answer.

Thanks,
MSH
The word is no way on the 29er. 29er is really weak in Europe so Look and Magura who I've recently talked to have no 29er aspirations.

fc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
anyone pick up anything good...i stopped by around 6:15 and couldn't find anything I needed. I did see someone walk away with a sweet hardtail mtb
 

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
nixorz said:
anyone pick up anything good...i stopped by around 6:15 and couldn't find anything I needed. I did see someone walk away with a sweet hardtail mtb
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear meeeee, happy birthday to me. :thumbsup:

Picked this up, brand new for $50

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
tsimbu said:
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear meeeee, happy birthday to me. :thumbsup:

Picked this up, brand new for $50
Congrats and happy birthday! Fun running into you and the fam at PT last week.

Cheers,
Consuela
 

·
Mtbr Founder
Joined
·
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tsimbu said:
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear meeeee, happy birthday to me. :thumbsup:

Picked this up, brand new for $50
So cool! That crank is a winner for sure. Good sized crowd over there? mtbr?

fc
 

·
Totally, and to the max.
Joined
·
2,555 Posts
Whew! I managed to get out of there without a 996. That was close, though. I did pick up a Sram X9 rear derailleur for $40. Score.
 

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
francois said:
So cool! That crank is a winner for sure. Good sized crowd over there? mtbr?
I did see Jefe74 and one other guy that looked familiar. There were about 8 people when I left. I stopped buy right around 4:15 so the crowd may have grown as more people got off work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,230 Posts
Meh. Bloody frogs

MSH said:
I would have been down there in an instant if Look was making a 29er frame.
Francis, Any word from your Look buddies if they are planning on a 29er in the future?

Thanks,
MSH
Meh......bloody frogs;).

Stick with your Soulcraft, or get one of these:
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top