Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see alot of folks asking where is the trail exactly? there is no 20 questions for wasabi, no hot or cold, no mile posts. there are 2 ways to get there.
1--climb elden to you get to the catwalk or organ donor trail, whichever you wanna call it. take that trail until you start descending sunset/hobbit forest area. you know the area that used to be a ***** to clean until they took all the rocks out b/c some poser hoser whines to mommy. now our trails have no technicalness to them. thanks you winers. anyway back to the o.g. thought. you will soon see a left turn after the hobbit forest. this is the upper wasabi and watch out posers, cuz it's steeeeeeeep! you will run into elden lookout road soon enough. then start climbing a few hundred yards and the lower wasabi comes off to the right. you gotta look for it though. you will know it when you start airing off skinnies and ladders 10-20 feet off the ground.
2--otherwise keep climbing elden lookout road. there is no sure fire marker or switch back. you will see a switchback where there are tire marks on the ground, don't get it confused where red onion runs in. it is past that, like 2 more switches up. you will see a rock @ this switch back where freeriders huck into the elden road. keep riding up a few hundred yards and look. then look some more. you also might want to bring crash pads.
hopefully there is some clarification there. if you are not a fluent flag rider, you may not be familiar with what i said. in that case, keep looking guys. I'll be here to answer your questions as best as i can b/c sharing the wasabi is okay with me. we all deserve to ride a little of vancouver in flagstaff.
peace in the middle east,

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
Througout the last week, I've been able to narrow down where most of these are, i think next week i'll go DHing in flag again so I can be sure of them. I've ridden the upper part of wasabi a few times now, I have a hard time believing that people "huck" into the road off that rock though, that would be like a 30 foot drop to flat, not to mention that you better have someone spotting for cars.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,399 Posts
I think I'm confused

Thanks for the directions Schwinn77. But I think I and others are confused as to which is Blue Dot and which is Wasabi.

I've ridden a trail that comes off of Sunset above the Hobbit Forest. You get to the road in the middle of a switch back and there's that huge rock (BTW is that rock rollable? Doesn't look much harder them some things I've ridden in Sedona but still intimidated me due to context.). You go up about 50 yards to get to the rest of the trail and it dumps out just above where Upper Oldham hits the road? Is that Blue Dot or Wasabi?

So are both trails off of Sunset, Blue Dot above the Hobbit Forest and Wasbi below it?

Sorry I'm being such a mental dud.

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
FishMan473 said:
BTW is that rock rollable? .
Yup, rolled it on my XC bike..Actually, I decided that i wasn't going to roll it, but I got "committed" and just figured what the hell :D

Evidently, wasabi is what we are talking about here with that big rock, there is an "upper" and "lower" part of the trail, according to the refrence of elden lookout road.

Blue dot evidently drops off of the top in between the radio towers (there are 3 main sets, and in between the two southernmost towers is where this trail is, in a saddle between the 2 towers). I rode this trail last weekend and it was a blast.

Now, there is a "brown dot" that i've learned about too! I do not know where this one starts, but I figure it is somewhere around the "blue dot"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.