1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bottom bracket?

KleinAttitude said:
Look at this Team Scalpel on Ebay.

Dam what did the owner have in mind.

I have a 04` Team Scalpel as well in a size small. I have only one thing to comment about this one that is odd. The bottom bracket on the Team Scalpels are different than the non Team Scalpels. That Hollogram crank thats on just the Team Scalpel replica bikes all have that oversized bottom bracket that will not interchange with the non Cannondale stuff. How did this person fit those cranks onit?
The picture from the front angle looks like it has the threaded bottom bracket and they must of repainted with Team decals?
I took mine apart a week ago and I could not figure a way to install the threaded type bottom bracket on mine.

racerX

·
Registered
49 Posts
racerX said:
I have a 04` Team Scalpel as well in a size small. I have only one thing to comment about this one that is odd. The bottom bracket on the Team Scalpels are different than the non Team Scalpels. That Hollogram crank thats on just the Team Scalpel replica bikes all have that oversized bottom bracket that will not interchange with the non Cannondale stuff. How did this person fit those cranks onit?
The picture from the front angle looks like it has the threaded bottom bracket and they must of repainted with Team decals?
I took mine apart a week ago and I could not figure a way to install the threaded type bottom bracket on mine.

racerX
Cannondale also made a number of the standard BB shell typo's for commercial production.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
04` Scalpel Team Replica

tmachalek said:
Cannondale also made a number of the standard BB shell typo's for commercial production.......
I just looked at my Cannondale 04` catalog and the Scalpel Team Replica (like the one that I own) come in that silver paint scheme with the Mobile decals and could only be ordered with the oversized Hollogram SI bottom bracket.
The Scalpel 3000, 2000 & 900, came with the normal english 68m threaded bottom bracket.
I liked the solid silver color over all the other colors but the solid silver only came with the Cannondale Hollogram SI oversized bottom bracket.
I wish that I could of gotten a solid silver Team Scalpel with the 68m english threaded bottom bracket.
I still think that all the Team Scalpels all had that Hollogram SI system. Does anyone own a Team Scalpel without the Hollogram SI crankset?

racerX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.