Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Longest trails?

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  ccm 
Are jeep trails and fire roads OK?

If so, check out the Kokopelli Trail (Fruita to Moab). 142 miles and through some pretty amazing scenery. Single track on both ends, including UPS, LPS and Porupine into Moab. Can be done supported or unsupported. Some nice remote terrain. I've it supported with Bikerpelli Kokopelli Trail | Mountain Bike Sports | MTB

Also, look at the San Juan Huts trips. Durango to Moab is 215 miles; 7 days. Sleep in amazingly well stocked huts each night. Some paved road miles, but minimal. Main route is jeep and forest service roads, but alternate singletrack on many of the days. End with a climb out of Geyser pass to Burro Pass and then the Whole Enchilada. Most of the route has no cell coverage and is in some of the most remote territory in the country. There is also their Telluride to Moab route, but I haven't done that one. www.sanjuanhuts.com

There's the BC Bike race. Not a linked system, but 7 days of some of BC's best singletrack.

I have this one in my sights, too: https://www.wildernessscotland.com/adventure-holidays/mountain-biking/coast-to-coast/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.