Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds funny but I want Dh shorts that cover my knees and don't get stuck on my knee pads. Yeah, I have long legs.

Are the Fox Blitz shorts long? I tried some Troy Lee Moto's and they weren't long enough. I know there are many knicker length pants out there and that's not really what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
454 Posts
sombrios are def long but really narrow and get caught on my strait knee pads so i gave up on em as they drove me nuts. Oakley's are long enough to cover my pasty thights but are nice and wide at the bottom so they dont get caught on the pads.

·
Hey! Watch This!
75 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, but if you don't need a built in chamois, consider some Dickies work shorts. They are long even if you are skinny, they will cover your knees. And I guarantee they will be more tear resistant than any DH Bike short out there. Once you get them worn in, they are not restrictive at all.

So, at least consider it. :thumbsup:

·
Living Ghetto Fabulous!
3,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All good suggestions, thanks.

The Wildcards look good but I need the XL too.

hab1b, how tall are you and what size do you wear. Too long is what I want to hear.

The Dickies, saying they look good is one thing but the picture doesn't lie, they were long and looked good.

·
Hey! Watch This!
75 Posts
As far as the dickies durability, I have been wearing dickies for over two years now. I was working one day and the side of my pants got caught on some 28ga sheetmetal and ripped a hole about the size of a pencil eraser in it. I have had the same thing happen to wranglers and the hole just kept getting bigger. In the dickies, the hole is the same size as it was 2 years ago.

Extreme durability.

·
Gangbusters
912 Posts
artnshel said:
I know it sounds funny but I want Dh shorts that cover my knees and don't get stuck on my knee pads. Yeah, I have long legs.

Are the Fox Blitz shorts long? I tried some Troy Lee Moto's and they weren't long enough. I know there are many knicker length pants out there and that's not really what I'm looking for.
UMMM PANTS! ahahahahahah

but for real Race Face DH 3/4 short...cant beat it! I don't dig the whole baggy thing....the RF 3/4 short fits well and they are low profile so they don't get caught up on your bike!

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Check out Spectrum Techwear. The Wilson's are fairly long and not too heavy. Other than that, Dickies rock (cheap, readily available).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.