Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Would like to know if I can put a 140mm fork on a 2006 Devinci Remix frame.
My local LBS says it's ok but on the Devinci homepage they say that it accept forks up to 130mm.
Any comments ?

p.s
I emailed them couple of days ago on this but no reply .... strange :rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
no problem

srullik said:
Hi,
Would like to know if I can put a 140mm fork on a 2006 Devinci Remix frame.
My local LBS says it's ok but on the Devinci homepage they say that it accept forks up to 130mm.
Any comments ?

p.s
I emailed them couple of days ago on this but no reply .... strange :rolleyes:
im currently running a Pike 454 on my remix and there is no problem regarding the warranty of the frame, my LBS have confirmed with Devinci office.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They (Devinci) just got back to me.
They say that the remix can take up to 130 mm !! and that more travel will damage the warranty !
What more is that when I mentioned that I ride aggressive trails they told me to look on the old frames - the Magma & the Gazler....
Strange. I tought the Remix could take some abuse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

Sounds like I might have voided my warrenty but I'm lovin it! I have an 06 Marz all mt 1 130-150mm on my remix and regularly do 3-4 foot drops to flat. Otherwise lots of trail riding with some technical sections and occaisional lift day. No problems to this point- frame solid and tight with no play developing in headset. I'm 150 lbs soaking wet so that's a factor. Warrenty issue aside I'm enjoying the wider range of performance offered by the adjustable, longer travel fork on my remix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.