Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the previous version of the Django, size medium and currently running a 125mm dropper KS Lev Integra, which has about the shortest overall length of any posts on the market. But with that, I also have the post extended above the seat clamp by about 65mm. I'd like to buy a longer travel post, and basically have it sit as close to the seatpost clamp as possible.

My current post has a total insertion depth, including the actuator, of 215mm, and I've used an old rigid seatpost to determine about the deepest it can go is 220mm. Above the clamp, counting the seatpost collar, the travel, the cradle assembly, and the amount of post outside the frame, is 240mm. So, basically, any post with an overall length beyond 460mm will be too long.

I've been researching, and can do 150mm posts from just about everyone I'm looking at, PNW, OneUp, Fox, and KS Lev, but not sure if i can do 170/175 without running into issues. Some of them don't take into account the actuator length in their overall length specs, and I can get close to that max insertion number if the actuator doesn't figure in to the overall depth, but not sure if I can get away with it, if the actuator is small enough to not interfere with what ends up blocking the post bottom. Don't want to take a chance on purchasing, only to have it not fit.

So, anyone with a medium Django, especially the model like I have, what's the longest post you've been able to run?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a medium first-gen Django Carbon and the absolute longest I can get away with is a 150mm drop fox transfer (though I have pretty short legs, 30" inseam). The kink at the bottom of the seat tube makes fitting actuators tricky. I've actually been running the acuator a tiny bit loose and at an angle (just threads into the bottom of the post) and you and get an extra 5 mm of insertion or so that way, which helps if you're maxed out and playing around with different saddles, shoes, etc that will affect your saddle to bb height. Not sure about any long-term ramifications of that for the post, but it's been going strong that way for the better part of three years.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I followed the Fox instructions, and OneUp has a tool to determine the max seatpost you can use given the dimensions, and looks to be settled on 150mm. new Django mediums come spec'ed with 150 droppers, and everything else I'm looking at, and my measuring, says 150

OneUp says I can fit their 180 post shimmed down to 160 travel, but I mean really, what's the point?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Little late to the party, but just in case... I currently run a 150mm PNW Bachelor in my 2017 carbon Django 29. I have a 170mm PNW Ranier v3 from another bike that I tried and it was too long. I think most of the 150 posts will fit safely, especially if you don't need them slammed all the way in to fit you. For reference, I'm 5'8" with 31" inseam and I have about an inch and three quarters of post showing below the collar with no clearance issues at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.